- What causes the AC compressor to continue running and the freon to continue to circulate after the fan inside the house clicks off?
Possibly a stuck contactor in the outdoor unit, or your indoor fan is overheating and shutting off.
- What could be wrong if your central air conditioner blows cool but not cold air and seems to be always running?
Your condenser may be dirty and the evaporator coils should be cleaned there may be inadequate air flow around the condenser. If there is a leak, your unit may be out of refrigerant you might have a leak in your duct system.
- Is the Freon used in your car’s AC the same type that is used in your home’s cooling system?
No. Home A/C units use R-22, and many, if not most, automobiles use R134a.
- Is using ceiling fans and the air conditioner at the same time cost efficient or a waste of energy?
If you only use ceiling fans in the rooms that you are in, then it will save a bundle. Just remember to turn the fans off when you leave a room. You can also buy motion sensors that will turn lights or fans on automatically.
- If you shut off the AC when you are gone from the house does it cost more to cool the house back to the right temperature when you return?
With air conditioning systems, the equipment runs at peak efficiency when it operates for long periods. Cooling your house back to the comfortable temperature will use less electricity than the unit would use cycling on and off for short periods to maintain the set temperature. If your house takes too long to get back to a comfortable temperature, you might investigate getting a programmable thermostat, and set it to start heating or cooling your house an hour or so before you return. You could also set the thermostat back, to a lower temperature for heating, or a higher one for cooling, while you are gone, rather than turning it off completely.
- What is the best temperature for the air conditioner?
The short answer is the temperature at which you are most comfortable. When choosing a temperature remember that your central air conditioner will lower the relative humidity in your home, allowing you to be comfortable at a higher temperature. During the winter you might find 72°F, but in the summer you’ll probably be comfortable at 76-78°F.
- How can I get rid of mold in my home?
Mold thrives in humid environments. To reduce the growth of mold in your home, keep the humidity down. Total removal of mold requires specialized training and equipment. J’s HVAC can remove the mold in your home. Contact us for a free estimate.
- Does J’s HVAC do crawl space remediation?
J’s HVAC does provide crawl space remediation services. Contact us for a free estimate.